Monday, October 17, 2011

BEING WRONG.

Came upon this on one of the sites I follow.  This is a theme that's come up a lot lately.  The importance of making mistakes and taking risks despite the potential for being wrong is showing up everywhere I turn: TED talks, illustrations, fables of corporate leadership (see temptation #3), discipling conversations, and reflections on living in the Kingdom of God (I cannot rely on human calculations of results to evaluate potential courses of action.  I have to obey God.  Isaiah 50:10-11 and a hundred more like it).

This is off the usual focus of do/make/see/taste/tell.  But in a conceptual sense, it has to do with seeing.  And the fear of being wrong is a major source of paralysis for me in every area of doing/being/making/creating. Everywhere this message is coming through to me: be humble, let go of fear (of failure, of how other people view me, of how I will view myself, of being wrong), take risks of obedience, take action and walk by faith in God.  Get over yourself and your vision of who you should or shouldn't be, so that you can live and grow in truth.

This is a lesson I've spent my whole life trying to embrace and the recent thoughts are just the latest wave.  I have much to learn.  These are some thoughts I felt should be collected, even if they aren't fully developed.  Step one in letting go the fear of being wrong might be letting into the light sooner raw ideas and things yet to be formed.  I don't know, but I'll put it out there.  Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment