Monday, December 5, 2011

OH TANNENBAUM!


This is my sweet little Christmas tree:

   
Not very ornamented at this point, but complete with its birdie (the first companion this tree ever had, a gift given to me the day I found this tree in a thrift shop near Stonington Borough, CT) and bubble lights (discovered in the same shop, the same day).  
Putting up the tree and having the colored and boiling lights going in the dining room makes me ready for celebrating the cheerful warmth of being inside during the winter, instead of quietly dreading the darkness and cold that is coming.  
I love real Christmas trees, but I have to say, that after 3 years of assembling and trimming this skinny little huy, unfolding every hinged branch after 3 seasons in the attic, I feel bonded to it and glad to welcome it out of hiding for a month (or more...if my roommate will allow it).  
P.S. I used WeGIF to show you how the lights boil. Pretty handy little site.

No comments:

Post a Comment