Sunday, August 7, 2011

MILANO: FLOORED

For the record, I am completely overwhelmed at trying to begin blogging after spending most of the summer in Milan, Italy--taking in too much doing/making/seeing/tasting to possibly tell in any complete way.  Not that anyone exactly reads this, but for my faithful friends (thanks for subscribing Michelle), I'm just going to jump back into it.  This way I can get on with life and sharing the lovely things I'm experiencing as I return home for a New England summer.  And perhaps an Italian post will show up from time to time.

To give you a tiny taste of Milano, here's some pictures of the FLOOR of the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II.  It was stunning and is constantly being repaired and refreshed (just like the Duomo that stands a few hundred yards away).
I did a whole lot of walking in this city.  A whole lot of dusty, grimy, dog-poop dodging and walking.  But this was by far the most beautiful surface I crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment